With several reports about unhappiness among the ministers regarding the reallocation of portfolios for Karnataka’s cabinet, Karnataka’s chief minister BS Yediyurappa made some amendments in the portfolios.
The changes were made only a day post the allocation for the Cabinet which was expanded last week. Aravind Limbavali has been appointed with the charges of Kannada and Culture Department along with Forest Department portfolio.
The excise portfolio has been allotted to K Gopalaiah and his earlier post of Horticulture Department, Sugarcane Development and Directorate of Sugar of the Industries and Commerce Department has been taken away and given to N Nagaraj.
The Horticulture Department had been given to R Shankar and the Municipal Department was taken away from him. The Youth Empowerment and Sports Department, planning programme monitoring and statistics given to K C Narayana Gowda and handed over from JC Madhuswamy.
Yediyurappa refuted the reports about the discontent among the ministers regarding the reallocation and iterated about no difference in opinion among the ministers.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1