According to the data released by Union Health Ministry on Monday, 19.60 crore Covid-19 vaccines have been administered throughout the country which comprises 1.06 crore first doses of the vaccine given to people from 18-44 years of age.
Amid a media briefing over the current Covid-19 situation, Joint Health Secretary of Union Health Ministry, Lav Agarwal stated the active cases and the case positivity rate is decreasing in the country. Agarwal iterated that the Centre is providing free Covid-19 vaccine doses for the states, with which around 14.56 crore first and second doses have been inoculated.
Around 0.98 crore and 1.50 crore vaccine doses have been administered to the Healthcare workers and frontline workers which raises the total count to 19.60 crore, he added.
Agarwal said, “The number of cases are on decline, if we look at numbers of each district, the number of districts with more than 100 cases is on the decline. The recovery rate on May 3 was 81.7 per cent and today it is at 88.7 per cent. In the last 11 days, the number of recoveries is more than the number of cases being reported.”
The number of tests has raised to 2.6 times in the last 15 weeks. He said, “Another good news is that the case positivity rate this week is 12.09 which is also on the decline.”
The death count in the last 24 hours is 4,454, raising the official death count to over 3 lakh.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19