Namma metro services will be affected on the purple line for Saturday and Sunday this weekend as the trains starting from Byappanahalli will be terminated at Vijayanagar for the two days.
In a release, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) stated that it will be working on electrical cable laying at Mysore road metro station, which is associated to the further extension of the purple line from Mysore Road to Kengeri.
The release revealed, “To facilitate this work, metro train services will be suspended between Mysore Road and Vijayanagar Metro Stations on these days.”
Chief Public Relations Officer B L Yashavanth Chauhan iterated about the train operations to be functional between Byappanahalli and Vijayanagar and will be as usual. Also, the green line metro services between Nagasandra and Yelachenahalli will be unaffected. The usual metro services on the purple line will be starting from Monday, on December 14.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19