Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday appreciated the spirit and the courage of the people who endured through the two cyclones in 10 days. While addressing the nation on Mann ki Baat, PM Modi said, “In this difficult and extraordinary situation of calamity, the way the people of all the states affected by the cyclones have shown courage, with great patience and discipline in the hour of this crisis. I respectfully and wholeheartedly salute all the citizens.”
PM Modi also further appreciated the efforts of those who came forward and participated in the rescue measures, saying, “any amount appreciation of all these people will not be enough.”
PM Modi was addressing the nation on the 77th edition of the monthly radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’. Prior to addressing the country, PM Modi had asked for suggestions and ideas from the masses on his social media accounts, earlier this month about the issues.
The key points from the address are:
- “In just last 10 days, the country has fought two big cyclones Tauktae and cyclone Yaas on the east coast. The country and the people of the country fought them with full force and ensured minimum casualties.”
- “The central, state governments and local administrations are all working together in the face of this disaster. I express my condolences to all those who have lost their close ones.”
- PM Modi said that many of the scientists and experts of the industry are working on a war footing. The curiosity to know and understand the work of these people is in the minds of all the citizens, he added.
- “Oxygen, oxygen concentrators and cryogenic tankers are being brought into the country from abroad. Therefore, Indian Navy, Air Force, Army and DRDO and our institutions are also involved in this mission.”
- Modi also spoke about the ongoing work for transporting the empty tankers to the oxygen plants via airforce planes, and simultaneously new oxygen plants are being constructed.
- “During the second wave of Covid-19, a major challenge was to supply medical oxygen to remote areas. To counter challenges that the country faced, drivers of Cryogenic oxygen tankers helped by working on war footing and saved lives of lakhs of people.”
- Regarding liquid oxygen production, he said, “You can guess, on normal days, we were producing 900 metric tons of liquid medical oxygen in a day. Now it has grown by more than 10 times and we are producing about 9500 metric tonnes per day.”
- About the number of tests conducted, he said, “So far, more than 33 crore samples have been tested in the country.”
- He said, “Today, on 30th May, we are talking about ‘Mann Ki Baat’ and coincidentally it is also the time for the completion of 7 years of the government.” He added, “Whatever achievement has been made in these 7 years, it has been because of the country, of the countrymen. We have experienced many moments of national pride together in these years.”
- “In the 7 decades after independence, only three and a half crore rural homes of our country had water connections. But in the last 21 months, some four and a half crore houses have been given clean water connections.”
- “We fought the first wave with full courage and this time also India will be victorious in the ongoing fight against the virus.”
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19