A consignment comprising of 200,000 AmBisome (Amphotericin B injection) utilized for the treatment of Mucormycosis popularly known as the black fungus has been delivered to India on early Sunday morning.
Ambassador of India to the United States, Taranjit Singh Sandhu posted on Twitter, “Another consignment of AmBisome from @GileadSciences, used in Black Fungus treatment, reaches India. Total 200,000 doses already there so far. More to follow!”
There have been rising cases of Mucormycosis, particularly in the Covid-19 infected patients in the country. With the worsening condition in the present scenario, several states of the country like Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, and Bihar have declared Black fungus as an epidemic under the Epidemic Act 1897.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all the concerned authorities to make the required arrangements for the drug from anywhere in the world on an emergency basis.
According to sources, “The PM had instructed officials to get this drug from anywhere it is available in the world. Indian missions across the world have been involved in securing supplies of this drug. It has been achieved with help of Gilead Sciences in USA.”
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1