Prime Minister Narendra Modi to conduct a meeting with his top Cabinet colleagues to assess the progress of the current Covid-19 vaccination, availability of drugs such as Remdesivir, and to further have the talks about the accelerated production of vaccine.
During the meeting, Modi directed the officials saying, “Citizens should be facilitated for vaccination despite lockdowns and healthcare workers involved in vaccination must not be diverted for other duties.”
PM Modi was also intimated about the present scenario pertaining to the wastage of the vaccine throughout the country. The statement stated, “As many as 17.7 crore [177 million] vaccines have been supplied to the states in the country and almost 31% of eligible population over the age of 45 has been given at least one dose of the COVID vaccine.”
The meeting was attended by several top officials, which comprises of Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, Amit Shah, Harsh Vardhan, Piyush Goyal, Nirmala Sitharaman and Mansukh Mandaviya.
Modi in the discussion mentioned about assuring quick and holistic containment measures for curbing the contagion of the deadly virus in the country. He was informed that 12 states have more than 100,000 active cases. He iterated about the states to be given help and guidance about further building healthcare infrastructure. He further assured that the states should not lessen the speed of the vaccination drive.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19