Prime Minister Narendra Modi will have an interaction via the mode of video conferencing with the participants of Toycathon-2021, with the objective to make India a centre for ideation and production of toys, as scheduled on June 24 at 11 am.
He posted about it on Twitter, saying, “At 11 AM tomorrow, 24th June, will interact with the participants of Toycathon-2021, an effort aimed at making India a hub for ideation and production of toys.”
Toycathon 2021 was launched jointly in collaboration with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Wome and Child Development, MSME Ministry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Textile Ministry, Information and Broadcasting Ministry and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) dated on January 5, 2021 for crowd-sourcing of innovative toys and games ideas.
As many as 1.2 lakh participants from several parts of India have enrolled and submitted over 17,000 ideas for Toycathon 2021, from which only 1567 ideas were shortlisted for the three days virtually organized Toycathon Grand Finale, conducted from June 22 to June 24. Because of the Covid-19 restrictions, this Grand Finale will comprise teams with digital toy ideas, while an individual physical event will be conducted for non-digital toy concepts.
In an official statement, the Centre said, “India’s domestic market as well as the global toy market offers a huge opportunity to our manufacturing sector. Toycathon – 2021 is aimed at boosting the Toy Industry in India to help it capture a wider share of the toy market.”
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19