The countries representing BRICS, which includes Brazil, Russia, China, India, China and South Africa have together agreed on an innovation cooperation at the 11th BRICS S&T Steering Committee meeting.
The proposal presented by India would be considered at the BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Entrepreneurship (STIEP) working group for detailing the action plan, according to a release from the Ministry of Science & Technology.
The concept and the action plan subjected to BRICS Innovation Cooperation 2021-2024 was brainstormed in the meeting conducted on June 22, 2021 to assess the implementation of BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Calendar of Activities.
The discussions also covered BRICS Young Scientist Conclave, BRICS Senior Official Meetings, and BRICS Science and Technology Ministerial Meeting; BRICS Partnership in India’s Technology Summit, and call for Proposals 2021. Several representatives of BRICS scientific ministries attended the meeting.
The meeting was hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and the Indian side was headed by Sanjeev Kumar Varshney, Advisor and Head International Cooperation.
India has taken charge of the BRICS Presidency starting from January 2021, and will be the host for the 6th edition of the BRICS Young Scientist Conclave scheduled for September 13-16 2021.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1