Prime Minister Narendra Modi has organized a meeting with the Council of Ministers on Wednesday, with discussions ranging from the current status of the Covid-19 situation in the country to the functioning of the ministries.
As per the reports of news agency PTI, the meeting will be held via the mode of video conferencing considering Covid-19 transmission.
The Union Council of Ministers led by PM Modi, which consists of the Cabinet Ministers and Ministers of State (MoS) along with the ones given the individual responsibilities.
Earlier, last week PM Modi had conducted meetings at the Prime Minister’s official residence with Cabinet Ministers along with the Ministers of the State (MoS) to assess the performance of the ministers. These meetings are chaired generally prior to cabinet reshuffle or expansion. Presently, there are 60 ministers in Modi’s government, which may further expand to 79.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19