Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide financial support to 6.1 Lakh beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh with an amount of Rs 2,961 crores under the Pradha Mantri Awas Yojna – Framingham PMAY-G) through video conferencing scheduled for 12 noon on Wednesday.
During the ceremony, Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be a part. The assistance will consist of release of first installment of 5.30 lakh beneficiaries followed by second installment for 80,000 beneficiaries who have already got the assistance under PMAY-G, said the released statement from Prime Minister’s office.
The vision of ‘Housing for All by 2022’ led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, had a flagship programme of PMAY-G launched on November 20, 2016. Under the scheme, till now as many as 1.26 crore houses have been constructed throughout the country.
Every beneficiary under the scheme is given a complete grant of 100 per cent till Rs 1.20 lakh for plain areas and 1.30 lakh for hilly states particularly the North Eastern states, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
The beneficiaries under PMAY-G apart from the unit assistance are also provided with aid of unskilled labor wages under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGAs) and also aid of Rs 12,000 for building toilets under Swatch Bharat Mission – Gramin (SBG-M).
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1