Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 7,500th Janaushadhi Kendra for the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) in Shillong on Sunday by virtual mode.
While speaking at the inauguration event, Modi said this initiative is to support the poor as they will be able to get medicines at an affordable price from these centres.
While having a conversation with the beneficiary, PM Modi said, “Medicines are expensive, that’s why we’ve PM ‘Jan Aushadhi ‘ yojana for the poor which saves their money. I urge people to buy medicines at affordable cost from ‘Modi ki Dukaan’ (as people like to call it).”
Modi was having an interaction with the beneficiaries as a part of Jan Aushadhi Diwas.
PM Modi further said, “The PM Janaushadhi Pariyojana is being run across the country for poor and middle-income families. This yojana is a medium of seva (service) and rozgar (employment) as it also provides employment opportunities to the youth. As part of the scheme, sanitary pads for girls available at ₹2.5.”
The complete week from March 1 to March 7 has been celebrated as ‘Jan Aushadhi Week’ throughout the nation as a move to create more awareness following the theme of ‘Jan Aushadhi – Seva bhi, Rozgar bhi’.
The last day of the week to be commemorated as ‘Jan ushadhi Diwas’. Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda was also present at the occasion.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1