The president of Karnataka’s Association of Resident Doctors, Dr Dayanand Sagar have addressed the concern regarding the Covid-19 vaccine ‘Covaxin’.
Raising the issue in a video message, he said, “Central government has approved Covid-19 vaccine Covishield, and Covaxin. Covishield has atleast got an interim analysis report. However, Covaxin is still in the phase-III trials, where the trial is being done on healthcare workers. We strongly condemn this. Health workers should be given a choice of the vaccine. We demand the government should provide a vaccine which has interim analysis.”
Taking the record of the last three days of vaccination drive, 3.81 lakh health workers have received the vaccine from which 5 have reported adverse event following immunization (AEFI) and seven have been hospitalized, as per the data released by Union Health Ministry.
At a media briefing, Manohar Agnani said, “So far, cumulative 580 AEFIs have been reported. A total of 7 beneficiaries required hospitalization. Three cases of an adverse event have been reported in Delhi… “
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1