Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai revealed on Thursday about the primary investigation into the death of the state’s Legislative Council Chairman, S L Dharme Gowda was on-going and the required action will be taken based on the report.
While addressing the reporters on the issue, Bommai said, “The police is conducting a preliminary investigation regarding the postmortem report, death note, circumstantial evidence. based on the findings, further action will be taken.”
Dharme Gowda, an MLC representing JD(S), was discovered lying dead near the railway tracks of Chikkamagalur district on the early hours of Tuesday morning and it has been anticipated that he died by suicide.
Om Birla, Lok Sabha speaker appealed for an independent investigation into the matter. In response Bommai said, “We have taken note of what the Lok Sabha Speaker has said, we have taken it seriously, once the preliminary report comes, we will see how to go about and take necessary action.” As per the reports, Gowda has written about the incident related to Legislative Council in his discovered suicide note. On December, there was an absolute ruckus in the LC, where the centre was Dharme Gowda, where he was pulled down from chair by Congress MLA, who blamed him of occupying it as Deputy Chairman against the rules.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1