Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the last day of the year is to remember the doctors, health and frontline COVID workers of India, amidst saluting the people who sacrificed their lives while being on-duty.
PM Modi on Thursday laid the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and addressed the ceremony happening in Rajkot, Gujarat by video-conferencing. During his address, he said, “This last day of the year is to remember India’s million of doctors, health warriors, sanitation workers, and front-line corona warriors. I salute the frontline warriors who have given their lives fulfilling their duty. This year has shown how effectively we can cope with the most difficult crisis when we are all united.” PM Modi further added, “Swasthya hi sampada hai (health is wealth), the year 2020 has taught us well. It has been a year full of challenges. Farewell to the year 2020
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1