The shipping of vital medical supplies passed over from the UK, which comprises of 100 ventilators and 95 oxygen concentrators as their move of Covid-19 assistance, with the supply arriving in India on Tuesday, according to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
The official spokesperson of MEA, Arindam Bagchi tweeted, “International cooperation at work! Appreciate the shipment of vital medical supplies from UK including 100 ventilators and 95 oxygen concentrators that arrived early this morning.”
On Sunday, the British High Commission (BHC) declared that over 600 pieces of vital medical equipment will be shipped to India to provide support to the country in its battle to combat the deadly virus.
According to the BHC release, the medical aid packages, with the funding by the Foreign Commonwealth, and Development Office, constitutes of ventilators and oxygen concentrators from surplus stocks. The supplies will aid the Indian government over providing critical medical treatment for the patients suffering from Covid-19 in India.
As India fights the crisis induced by the deadly virus, several countries like EU, US, France and Germany are taking an initiative towards supporting the country with ventilators, oxygen supplies, raw material for vaccines, PPT kits, and oxygen concentrators.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1