According to the most recent release by John Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Centre, the global count of Covid-19 cases has crossed the mark of 95 million and the total deaths due to the deadly virus tally to more than 2 million. As of Monday, 03:45 GMT, the number of Covid-19 cases in the world are 95,003,533 and the death count is 2,029,938. The number of recoveries have risen to 52,269,644.
Considering the present scenario of India, India has recorded 13,788 fresh cases of Covid-19 and 149 deaths in the last 24 hours revealed the Union Health Ministry on Monday. Over the last 11 days, the new cases on daily basis have fallen below the 20,00 mark. India’s overall caseload for Covid-19 stands at 1,05,71,773, from which the current active cases account to 2,08,012. The number of fresh recoveries are 14,457 making the total count of recoveries to 1,02,11,342. Overall, India as reported that 1,52,419 lives have been lost citing the pandemic.
The United States, India and Brazil are consecutively the top three countries for the total Covid-19 cases in the world, following which Russia takes the fourth position. In India, the state of Kerala has the highest count of active Covid-19 cases (62,209) after which ranks Maharashtra with 53,852 active cases.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1