AstraZeneca will have adequate vaccine doses for its potential candidate for 200 million doses, which will be available, by the end of 2020, and the additional upcoming planning of drug substance which will be 700 million doses till the first quarter of 2021 ends globally, Pam Cheng, operations executive revealed on Monday.
In a briefing, Cheng revealed that the company would stock up the active substance till it is holding the regulatory approval results over the world.
Cheng iterated regarding the vaccine candidates, stating by the end of 2020, Britain would have adequate vaccine for 20 million doses, and the active drug substance will suffice for 70 million doses for UK till the first quarter of 2021.
She anticipated the planning, which accords with availability of 4 million finished vaccine doses till 2020 gets over and 40 million doses will be targeted to be completed by the first quarter of 2021.
She said, “If we go with a half dose you can imagine for the initial dose, we will be able to double the number of vaccinations here.”
The fingers were indicative of the vaccine doses to be prepared by AstraZeneca, and not those developed by manufacturing partners, Cheng added.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1