India has vaccinated more than 294 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine as of Tuesday, June 22. Alongside, Bharat Biotech presented the data of phase III clinical trials of Covaxin to the expert panel. The company also mentioned that it will generate 25 million shots of vaccine a month before August.
Alongside, as of Tuesday, 7 pm, a count of 294,042,822 vaccine doses have been administered in India. From the 18-45 category, around 3,281,562 doses of Covid-19 vaccines were given as the first dose, and 71,655 doses of vaccine were administered as the second dose. Overall, 65,538,687 people throughout the country have got the first dose and 1,424,612 individuals have been administered the second dose from the beginning of phase-3 of the vaccination drive.
For the 18-45 age group, in the states of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal, the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine has been administered to more than a million beneficiaries.
On Wednesday morning, India observed a spike in the daily cases of Covid-19, as 50,848 new cases of Coronavirus have been recorded in the previous 24 hours, according to the data uploaded by the Union ministry of health and family welfare (MoHFW) as of 8 am. This has raised the overall Covid-19 infection tally has surpassed the 30 million mark which is 30,028,709, and a death count of 390,660, from which 1,358 fatalities have been recorded in the last 24 hours.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19