The state of Karnataka has registered 4,272 new cases of Coronavirus and 115 fatalities, raising the overall caseload to 28,31,026 and the death toll to 34,654. The day also marked 6,126 recoveries, persistently surpassing the new cases, increasing the overall number of recoveries to 26,91,123.
Bengaluru Urban recorded 955 fresh cases of Covid-19, 1,174 recoveries and a death toll of 16.
The overall active caseload in Karnataka stand at 1,05,226. Although, the positivity rate is 2.58 %, the Case Fatality Rate was 2.69 per cent. Mysuru reported 22 deaths, Dakshina Kannada (14), after which Belagavi with 10 deaths and following the other districts. For the fresh cases of Covid-19 reported, Bengaluru Urban reported the highest with 955 cases, after which Mysuru with 647 cases, Hassan with 320 cases, Chikkamagaluru with 200 cases, after which other districts of the state.
Bengaluru Urban took the top position for the list of positive cases with 12,10,642, after which Mysuru with 1,65,032 and Tumakuru with 1,14,504. Regarding the number of recoveries, Bengaluru was on top with 11,29,074, after which Mysuru follows with 1,58,052 and Tumakuru with 1,11,475.
Overall, a count of 3,36,73,392 samples have been subjected to testing in the state as of now, from which 1,65,010 were conducted only on Saturday.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19