Four trustees which include Chairman of Manipal Global Education, Mohandas Pai, have given their resignation to the Akshay Patra Foundation (TAPF). The other three trustees who dropped out are ex-Chief Financial Officer, Infosys, V Balakrishnan, co-founder of ChrysCapital Raj Kondur and adviser to Manipal Education and Medical Group, Abhay Jain.
Presently, two additional members have been appointed as trustees. They are KV Chowdary, ex-Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes and current Chairman of the Audit Committee at TAPF and the second is Kaushik Dutta, ex-partner of PWC, the present member of Audit Committee.
Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman of TAPF, stated, “The outgoing trustees — Sri Mohandas Pai, Sri Abhay Jain, Sri V Balakrishnan and Sri Raj Kondur have rendered extraordinary service from the days of inception of Akshaya Patra in the year 2000. We are immensely grateful to them for their dedication and invaluable guidance. We welcome the new trustees and members of the Audit Committee and look forward to working with them to enhance and enrich our service to the children of our country.”
According to sources, the resignations were triggered by some internal conflicts and disagreements amid the committee members. Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa, Vice Chairman of the foundation stated, “Over the last two decades, our trustees have played a crucial role in helping the organisation grow into the world’s largest NGO-run school feeding programme. Akshaya Patra will be ever grateful to them.”
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19